Hospital Sweet Hospital

8-22-2017
Physical therapy comes into my room first thig this morning. They wake me up and tell me to stand. Well, I can’t, and that’s it. That’s all they do. I ask if there’s anything else, such as exercises in my bed that I can do for physical therapy and they say no. They just need me to stand. To get me to stand they have to turn me on the bed, as I cannot move my left leg. Then they dangle my legs from the side of the bed and lower the bed. Since the bed is still too high they then drain the mattress of all of its air so I am sitting on metal and it hurts, and then they have me stand, which as I mentioned, I cannot do. I ask is there any exercise I can be doing to make me stronger so that I can stand soon. They say no. They ask if I want them to cancel physical therapy from now on. I say no because I know when you turn down a hospital service it gets held against you. It shouldn’t, but it does. One of the times they sent me home from the hospital in the past before I was fully healed was because physical therapy wanted me to go up stairs with a walker. The stairs were not big enough for a walker, and I could not climb stairs before that day so, why would I all of a sudden be able to climb them that day? We had not been working towards it. Anyway, after saying no to that, the next day I was discharged even though they had said I was supposed to stay another week. So, they sent me home sick as a dog. I had gotten the flu while in the hospital and they sent me home not holding down food and with leg infections and in just horrible shape. Physical therapy should not be what determines how long one can stay in the hospital. I am seriously sick. The doctors fear I may die. If physical therapy fucks me over and gets me sent home before I heal or gets me kicked out of here without hospice care or whatever I may need I will be pissed. I cannot stand. Train your therapists how to do exercises, seriously. I am not trying to be hard to work with. I am trying to save myself a lot of pain.
People just open up to me. It has always been a gift of mine. One of the housekeepers here just opened up about her wedding in a few years. Her man is in prison right now due to drugs and weapon charges. She says he needs time in there to turn his life around and surrender his life more to God. She says she should be away from him for this amount of time to make up for the time she committed adultery. She had a long explanation for it. I am not sure if God and her explanation for everything is true or not or right or not but it keeps her going and helps her to be strong, and that matters. Now, when I say people open up to me, I mean it! I know that when they met he was engaged to his first cousin which grossed her out. Anyway, when he had these new charges pressed against him he had been in a car accident and his wedding license (un-signed so far) was in there and it burned up. She told him that was a sign he was not supposed to marry his first cousin. So, since they sorta knew one another from originally meeting at her work, in the hospital…they had also become friends on Facebook and then they started dating before his court and before he was sentenced and sent to prison. They have been together for 8 months and are planning their life together when he gets out. He is in prison right outside of Versailles, KY. He was first placed in a prison further away from Lexington, where she lives. This too she believes is another act of God as they are supposed to be together. And, maybe they are. Who am I to say they’re not?

This hospital is like all others. You see nurses throughout the day and you see your doctor for less than a minute a day. All of the nurses I have met here so far seem to be nice. I do have one nurse named Sarah. I like her. She is very nice and helpful but…she calls me Sissy. She probably calls all female patients Sissy so she doesn’t have to remember people’s names, but gawd do I hate it! Sissy! That’s what little kids call piss. They say they have to go sissy. I am not a fan of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My legs

Why I am the way I am

Pain and Bed Pans...Not Exactly a Love Story